6.1 -INSPECTION PROCEDURES
The following procedures summarize the In-Process Inspection guidelines followed by the Quality Assurance Department:
In the event that nonconforming goods are discovered, the following steps will be taken:
- All parts will be inspected by the QA Manager at least twice during a business day, once in the morning after production has begun and once after the lunch break.
- In the following events, additional measurements will be required:
- Any out-of-control incident or the appearance of a defect.
- Change of a die
- Any adjustment to a die by either setup or maintenance personnel.
- All recorded measurements will be maintained by the QA Manager and used for both in-house preventative maintenance and customer reports.
- Setup personnel are responsible to verify and report on the quality of a
Component after any setup or adjustment procedure, as well as making continuous measurements and visual inspections throughout the day.
- Production personnel are considered responsible for the aesthetic quality
of the product running on their press. Constant visual inspection of both
the metal and finished product must be maintained. An occurrence of any
nonconforming part must be reported to a manager.
- Packers will make a final visual inspection of the components in a box before sealing it for shipment.
The shipping manager and packers will also be responsible for insuring that the following criteria are met.
- Cartons and skids contain the correct items.
- Cartons and skids are properly marked.
- Cartons and skids are properly sealed against dust and other
- Cartons and skids are packed in such a way that conforms to the
Customers shipping standards
- Any employee of ACME METAL CAP CO.; has the right to stop production or shipment of a component if they believe it is not up to quality standards or is in any way nonconforming.
- The production press will be stopped and both the plant foreman and QA Manager will be notified immediatley.
- The cause of the nonconforming defect will be identified and corrected.
- Using our lot and carton markings , any affected goods will be segregated and destroyed for recycling.
- All suspect goods will be 100% QA audited. If deemed acceptable under customer standards , the goods will be returned to stock.